Rational numbers in D

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Fri Jun 8 10:35:44 PDT 2012

On 08/06/12 18:06, Paul D. Anderson wrote:
> I don't think anyone intends to ignore your posts, it's just that we don't have
> the answer. Jonathan Davis has a new thread regarding the review queue. You
> might get answers there.

It wasn't really that I was feeling ignored (OK, put this as a tribute to the
speed at which questions are usually answered:-), more that I thought the
discussion might be more useful/suited here as it's about a module under
development.  Again, sorry for the double post.

> I think there is a tendency for discussions in this group to focus on language
> internals and features rather than useful but mundane things. As a last resort
> you could probably check and/or complete the rational number code and put it in
> the review queue yourself. Most code here is licensed to allow that.

I'll take a look and see what I can do.

> Taking a little longer view, we definitely need a better process for inclusion
> of new modules into phobos. Maybe, as you suggest, a roadmap for proposed
> modules, with dates for implementation and reviews.

I guess it's tricky because there are only a limited number of people who can
review the code, so it must be difficult to set definite time targets.  But it
could be nice to have e.g. a priority wish list so that we can see what kinds of
contributions would be most useful/welcome.