Segmented Ranges?

Denis Shelomovskij verylonglogin.reg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 09:34:08 PDT 2012

09.06.2012 19:06, bearophile пишет:
>> In the paper "Segmented Iterators and Hierarchical Algorithms" Matthew
>> H. Austern offers a solution to regain the lost efficiency:
> http://lafstern.org/matt/segmented.pdf

Wow, didn't know there is an article about this. Looks like we all think
about same things. Personally I was too lazy to propose in this NG
similar but less advanced idea. So my small (but valuable, IMHO) addition:
Add explicit vectorisation for some common predicates (`a == b` e.g.)
for sequential memory blocks (arrays) and ranges with elements of such
blocks (called "segmented" in the article).

--
Денис В. Шеломовский
Denis V. Shelomovskij