Review: std.uuid

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Sun Jun 10 04:00:51 PDT 2012

Am Sun, 10 Jun 2012 12:03:15 +0200
schrieb "Jonas Drewsen" <jdrewsen at nospam.com>:

> When looking at the associated RFC I noticed that a UUID can
> contain e.g. timestap, clock, node fields. What about providing
> properties that could return these fields?

Why would you need those? A UUID only needs to be unique, which is
guaranteed by those node, timestamp and clock fields. But the exact
value of node, timestamp, clock is never important, as long as it's
unique. std.uuid can't create version 1&2 uuids so we never have to set
these fields either.

> It would also be nice to have an index in the top of the page
> like std.algorithm has.

OK, I'll have a look at that.