Request for Review: DI Generation Improvements

timotheecour thelastmammoth at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 02:16:19 PDT 2012

> mixin Instantiate!(foo,int);
Thanks for the syntax tip!

> You could use cp instead of dmd -H.
That won't produce the same output (eg large functions tend to be
stripped currently), but I guess the current behavior is
relatively useless so it's fine.

> want you are after. Such a thing could actually be done except
> for OMF/Optlink. Since OMF doesn't support custom sections
> there is a no special place to store the code that the compiler
> could easily access.

If we want to embed the AST inside an "import" library file
(which is optional, could be done with a directory), wouldn't it
be possible to store the AST as a global / static variable? When
dmd compiles myfun.d, it generates the AST and inserts a global
variable (eg void*_ast_myfun=...) in the data segment of the
library/object file (that could be done with a mixin and be
portable).

just started a new thread for related ideas:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/lmepufogzaxlbxwgubvl@forum.dlang.org
thanks!