std.uuid: Update 3

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 05:15:48 PDT 2012

On 12.06.2012 15:46, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> Am Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:12:49 +0200
> schrieb Johannes Pfau<nospam at example.com>:
>
>> Am Sun, 10 Jun 2012 18:49:03 +0200
>> schrieb Johannes Pfau<nospam at example.com>:

>>> I pushed these changes suggested by Dmitry Olshansky and Jonas
>>> Drewsen:
>>>
>>> * Add documentation table
>>> * Rename UUID.isNil -->  UUID.empty
>>> * Merge ParserException and IsufficientInputException into
>>>    UUIDParserException
>>> * Add note about std.variant.Variant
>>> * Rewrite example to avoid cast
>>> * Add non-working(commented out) variadic constructor
>>> * Rename extractRegex -->  uuidRegex
>>> * Use std.algorithm.swap instead of swapRanges
>>
>> * parseUUID now supports InputRanges with ElementType == dchar (all
>>    string types are still supported as well)
>>

> * randomUUID now creates the RNG only once per thread.
> * randomUUID lazily seeds the RNG once (per thread) on the first
>    function call
> * randomUUID now uses the new seed overload (requires
>    https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/627 )
> * the unsafe randomUUID overload taking only a type has been removed.

Judging by the swift rate of fixes and keeping in mind that it's only
~1.5 KLOC with abundance of unit tests I'm tempted to suggest the following.

Let's trim the review time span a bit, so that review ends at 18-19 June
and voting ends at 25-26 June. That's, of course, given that you and
others don't mind it.

How does it sound?

--
Dmitry Olshansky