AST files instead of DI interface files for faster compilation and easier distribution

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 06:54:52 PDT 2012

Le 12/06/2012 12:23, Tobias Pankrath a écrit :
> Currently .di-files are compiler independent. If this should hold for
> dib-files, too, we'll need a standard ast structure, won't we?

We need it anyway at some point. AST macro is another example.

It would also greatly simplify compiler writing if the D interpreter
could be provided as lib (and so run on top of dib file).

I want to mention that LLVM IR + metadata can do a really good job here.
In addition, LLVM people are working on a JIT backend, if you know what
I mean ;)