AST files instead of DI interface files for faster compilation and easier distribution

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 13 04:47:21 PDT 2012

On 13 June 2012 12:33, Kagamin <spam at here.lot> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 June 2012 at 11:29:45 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
>>
>> The measurements should be done for modules being imported, not the module
>> being compiled.
>> Something like this.
>> ---
>> import std.algorithm;
>> import std.stdio;
>> import std.typecons;
>> import std.datetime;
>>
>> int ok;
>> ---
>

> Oh and let it import .d files, not .di

std.datetime is one reason for me to run it again. I can imagine that
*that* module will have an impact on parse times.  But I'm still
persistent that the majority of the compile time in the frontend is
done in the first semantic pass, and not the read/parser stage. :~)

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';