equality operators on types

Bernard Helyer b.helyer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 22:19:49 PDT 2012

On Friday, 15 June 2012 at 12:56:49 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 06/15/2012 02:19 PM, bearophile wrote:
>> Timon Gehr:
>>
>>> Why not allow equality operators to operate on types?
>>
>> That's nice, of course. But is it possible?
>>

> Yes, certainly.

Not without losing the context insensitivity of the D grammar
(because now we can't say for certain what "T == J" is until we
semantically understand the program, but as it is now we
understand it as comparing two values). That's a big thing to
throw away, and this doesn't justify the change.

-Bernard.