getcwd behaves inconsistent?

Kapps opantm2+spam at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 19:41:27 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 17 June 2012 at 22:39:00 UTC, Stephen Jones wrote:
> I recently switched from Eclipse to monoD and found that all my
> code to images etc was invalid because getcwd returns the
> directory that contains the main entry code in Eclipse, but
> returns the directory that contains the executable in
> MonoDevelop. Is there a universally consistent way of accessing
> files?

As mentioned, it is not reliable to use the current working
directory for making a relative path absolute.

The approach I use is GetModuleFileNameA on Windows
(GetModuleFileNameA(null, Buffer.ptr, MAX_PATH)) and
readLinkPosix for /proc/self/exe on Linux
(readLinkPosix("/proc/self/exe", Buffer.ptr, Buffer.length)).