Proposal to add 'Elements of Programming' Concepts to std.traits

Denis Shelomovskij verylonglogin.reg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 02:09:49 PDT 2012

16.06.2012 20:11, Walter Bright пишет:
> On 6/16/2012 8:26 AM, Guillaume Chatelet wrote:
>> And then we wonder why software is
>> notorious for being delivered late and full of bugs, while other
>> engineers routinely deliver finished bridges, automobiles, electrical
>> appliances, etc., on time and with only minor defects.
>
> I have a nit to pick with that statement, as a former mechanical
> engineer who has done professional mechanical designs and has taken
> apart a lot of others.
>
> Bridges, automobiles, electrical appliances, etc., are full of design
> errors.

You all probably know a canonical example, Tacoma Narrows Bridge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zczJXSxnw
Let's forgive its designers because it was the first such accident with
bridge.

But in Russia we still (2010) have this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVzYDIlBQ0w
And this bridge still works without rebuilding, but with attenuator now.

--
Денис В. Шеломовский
Denis V. Shelomovskij