D in your browser? possible?

nazriel nazriel at dzfl.pl
Mon Jun 18 08:18:53 PDT 2012

On Monday, 18 June 2012 at 14:59:53 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 06/18/2012 03:47 PM, nazriel wrote:
>> On Sunday, 17 June 2012 at 16:38:25 UTC, Damian wrote:
>>> I've noticed a few languages are adopting this, for example
>>> Haskell: http://tryhaskell.org
>>> Go: http://play.golang.org
>>>
>>> Will D get something like this? I find it to be of great use
>>> with Go specifically and I'm sure it would benefit D just as
>>> much.
>>
>> Hey.
>>
>> We are working on something like that.
>> http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/
>>
>> At the end we want also to share an API to allow users to use
>> service on
>> their own like in the GO Lang website etc, where you can click
>> Try it
>> now (actually its already done via "Compile" button, where
>> request is
>> sent via AJAX).
>>
>> (Warning: Compiler section is actually dummy-filled, at the
>> moment only
>> dmd2.059 is avaible).
>>

> Very nice.
>
> Why do you use radio buttons in the 'Libraries' section though?
> Those are not mutually exclusive.

The thing is, we want also provide support for D1, where Tango
excludes Phobos and vice-versa.

I am not sure yet how we should handle it, maybe some JS-magic,
which would replace checkbox for radiobox when using D1, or just
ignoring 2nd choice when using D1.

This is cosmetic change though, can be done anytime (backend
supports both libraries in same time)