DMD + msvc

"Michaël "Michaël
Mon Jun 18 12:07:46 PDT 2012

On Monday, 18 June 2012 at 17:51:39 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/17/2012 3:34 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> 1. DMD can only output OMF binaries
>> 2. DMD cannot output 64bit code for Windows
>> 3. DMD is not compatible with the MSVC linker or runtime
>

> I intend to fix all of those, at least for 64 bit Windows, in
> the near term.

This is great news !

For one of my personal projects I wanted to use LLVM with D,
after trying to convert the MSVC .lib to OMF format, linking with
Win64GDC and MinGW LLVM (but I didn't include all LLVM libs), I
gave up and I booted to my Mac partition where the object and the
linker are the same for all.