AST files instead of DI interface files for faster compilation and easier distribution

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 19 02:45:34 PDT 2012

On 16 June 2012 22:17, Guillaume Chatelet <chatelet.guillaume at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So parsing time has taken quite a hit since I last did any reports on
>> compilation speed of building phobos.
>
> So maybe my post about "keeping import clean" wasn't as irrelevant as I
> thought.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Keeping_imports_clean_162890.html#N162890
>
> --
> Guillaume

I think it's relevancy is only geared towards projects that are
compiling one file at a time - ie: I'd expect all gdc users to be
compiling in this way as whole program compilation using gdc still
needs some rigourous testing first.  If there is a particular large
module, or set of large modules that are persistantly being
importanted, then you will see a notable constant slowdown on
compilation of each file.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';