Vote for std.uuid

Alex Rønne Petersen alex at lycus.org
Tue Jun 19 04:40:30 PDT 2012

On 19-06-2012 13:24, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> As been mentioned previously, std.uuid is quite small so we've settled
> for shorter review period. That period ended as of some hours ago.
>
> It's time to start voting on its inclusion into Phobos. The voting ends
> at 25-26 June.
>
> ---
> Code: https://github.com/jpf91/phobos/blob/std.uuid/std/uuid.d
> API-Docs: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24218791/d/src/uuid.html
> ---
>
> The rules are as usual: only one one vote.
> Leaving a one-line short "reason" note is encouraged.
>
> Let's reuse the old review thread for further discussions if any,
> as thread pooling is more efficient :)

+1 from me. Module looks very well-designed.

Nitpicks about the docs (if this is not too late):

* Wrap stuff like UUID.init in $(D ...).
* "... small size, of 128-bits, or 16-bytes" -> "... small size, of 128
bits, or 16 bytes".
* Be consistent about spelling in some cases: RFC 4112 vs rfc4112, uuid
vs UUID, md5 vs MD5, etc.
* "reserved for future use" -> "Reserved for future use".
* "Parse an UUID from it's canonical string form" -> "Parse an UUID from
its canonical string form".
* "An UUID in it's canonical form looks like this" -> "An UUID in its
canonical form looks like this".
* s/hex-numbers/hex numbers/.
* s/UTF8/UTF-8/.
* s/boost/Boost/ in cases where you refer to the Boost project.
* s/phobos/Phobos/ in cases where you refer to the Phobos project.

But as said, these are just nitpicks. The module itself looks great!

BTW, good call on explicitly documenting CTFE support. We should do this
more.

--
Alex Rønne Petersen
alex at lycus.org