GDC review process.

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 19 11:53:37 PDT 2012

On 19 June 2012 19:44, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:
> Iain Buclaw:
>

>> Most discussion I would imagine be on the decision to remove D inline
>> assembler support from gdc.  So, nay sayers, do your worst, but
>> unfortunately there is a +1 here for removal.
>

> I suggest to try to do the opposite, that it to try to increase
> the current conformance of GDC to D/DMD specs (like introducing D
> calling conventions, if they are missing).
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

The D spec states:

The extern (C) and extern (D) calling convention matches the C calling
convention used by the supported C compiler on the host system. Except
that the extern (D) calling convention for Windows x86 is described
here.  </insert D calling convention>

So GDC already conforms to the spec on all platforms except Windows x86.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';