GDC review process.

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 20 08:31:40 PDT 2012

On 20 June 2012 15:07, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
<joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:
> On 20/06/12 14:31, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>
>> Hands are tied, sorry.
>

> Is this planned as a short-term change for which a long-term solution will
> be developed, or is it likely to be a permanent split with DMD?

Likely permanent move away from having the a good portion of the
frontend one big special case for i386.  I don't see it as a huge
problem though.  However one or two people in IRC have asked if the
GDC Extended Assembler could be renamed to __gcc_asm or __asm to make
it a special / reserved feature of GDC, rather than competing with the
D spec's namespace.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';