GDC review process.

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Wed Jun 20 13:14:19 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 20 June 2012 at 19:08:43 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> Reading http://dlang.org/iasm.html I don't have the impression
> that the inline assembler is an optional part of the D spec or
> not guaranteed to be available -- it's very deliberately
> intended to be there.

… yet code is only to assume it is actually available if
D_InlineAsm_x86 is defined?

I don't want to argue about the fact that there is certainly code
out there which assumes inline x86 assembly to be available. My
point was that this is _not_ like Jonathan's »auto a =
expression« vs. »expression = a auto« example, because the
language contains specific provisions for inline assembly not
being available by having a standardized D_InlineAsm_x86 version
identifier.

David