Raw binary(to work without OS) in D

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 12:04:35 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 21 June 2012 at 16:39:07 UTC, Alex wrote:
> is it possible to use D to write code to work without OS? like
> i do it with gcc.

  With the runtime, I want to say no. If you drop the runtime and
GC (including dynamic arrays), I honestly don't see why not.
However if you don't have any OS connections you have to write IO
yourself, some of it probably in assembly (That or it's a very
silent and unfruitful program). Maybe good for certain device
drivers but beyond that it doesn't seem too practical. At this
moment.