Raw binary(to work without OS) in D

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Fri Jun 22 08:37:16 PDT 2012

On 06/22/2012 05:21 PM, Mehrdad wrote:
> On Friday, 22 June 2012 at 15:12:13 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
>> Note that this kind of melodramatism is not helping your case.
>> Getting insulted and shooting in all directions is genuinely stupid
>> behaviour and wastes everyone's time.
>>
>> You have to realize that some of your comments have been rather
>> impolite lately.
>
> You mean in response to @Dmitri's comments? Or to someone else?
>
> It would be very helpful for me if you could show a couple examples of
> what you're referring to.

You like blaming someone, or claiming someone has bad intentions. Eg:

> Which leads me to believe that whoever has this information doesn't want people to use it for D development...

> The way I'm understanding it is that the message is essentially "If you want to develop your own
> systems with our systems programming language, then you gotta buy it, sorry. Batteries not included."

There is no need to deduce such messages from insufficient support or
documentation of a free product run 100% by volunteers.

Who should such comments be directed at? What should their effect be? I
only see it generating bad air.

>> Why do you assume that everyone else cares a lot more about how some
>> random comment might be conceived?
>
> "Might" be conceived? Is it really just me? Okay, well then you tell me:
>
> Isn't the quote
>> If you can't figure it out on your own, chances are you won't be able to
> do what you wanted in the first place
> just saying I'm too stupid for this to help me anyway?

I think it does not matter, because the optimal reaction would be the
same in each case: ignore the comment and continue the productive part
of the discussion.