Raw binary(to work without OS) in D

Roman D. Boiko rb at d-coding.com
Fri Jun 22 10:06:18 PDT 2012

Comparing what Dmitry wrote earlier:

> If you can't figure it out on your own, chances are you won't
> be able to do what you wanted in the first place (e.g.
> real-time micro-kernel).

and

> Yeah, I understand how it could be frustrating, but once you
> are on this kind of level you usually already running circles
> around all of this stuff.

to later interpretation:

>> 1. I classify the above as speculation on my part, namely to
>> put it in other words (not featuring any individual):
>> "this work take a lot of low-level hacking meaning that
>> investigating symbols output by compiler and their meaning is
>> least of problem there usually"

may seem to be very different at first. But in Russian the first
and the last sentences would have similar meanings.

In general, it is difficult to predict how something is going to
be perceived. So it is usually OK for a person to say something
assuming that others will understand the intended meaning,
provided that clarification is given on request.

In this case, Dmitry provided a very reasonable clarification
about the meaning of word 'level'. And interpretation of a
statement which I quoted first is reasonably equivalent to what
Dmitry provided later. (I'm from Ukraine, we speak Russian well.
Dmitry is from Russia. Hope you will believe me.)