Raw binary(to work without OS) in D

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 10:33:16 PDT 2012

On Friday, 22 June 2012 at 17:06:19 UTC, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
> On Friday, 22 June 2012 at 16:08:13 UTC, Mehrdad wrote:
>> The trouble is I only see what you write, not what you think.
>>
>> What you're writing here is very clearly different in tone
>> from what you said before, even if it wasn't intentional.
>> (Usually the onus is more on the speaker to get his words
>> across, not on the reader to try and decipher them.)
>
> Comparing what Dmitry wrote earlier:
>
>> If you can't figure it out on your own, chances are you won't
>> be able to do what you wanted in the first place (e.g.
>> real-time micro-kernel).
>
> and
>
>> Yeah, I understand how it could be frustrating, but once you
>> are on this kind of level you usually already running circles
>> around all of this stuff.
>
> to later interpretation:
>
>>> 1. I classify the above as speculation on my part, namely to
>>> put it in other words (not featuring any individual):
>>> "this work take a lot of low-level hacking meaning that
>>> investigating symbols output by compiler and their meaning is
>>> least of problem there usually"
>
> may seem to be very different at first. But in Russian the
> first and the last sentences would have similar meanings.

lol. I don't speak Russian, sorry. :\
For me, the first one would imply the last one, but not
necessarily the other way around.

> In general, it is difficult to predict how something is going
> to be perceived. So it is usually OK for a person to say
> something assuming that others will understand the intended
> meaning, provided that clarification is given on request.

I suppose?
Though if someone were trying to insult you, I'm not sure if they
would ever confirm, "Yes, I mean to say you're an idiot", or that
they would necessarily repeat it, even if you asked them. (Sad
but true, I think.)
So I'm not sure if you can ask for a clarification for
everything...

Well, yes; he clearly said:
>> I meant actually low level. Like "down to hardware/OS" so it's
>> rather the opposite ;)

so that would've been fine.

What didn't help the situation was the other part...
>> "[...] you usually already running circles around all of this
>> stuff"

With that part, it was saying, "If you don't know this stuff then
you shouldn't be working at this level", _NOT_ "you're going to
have bigger problems at this level". The implications are
different.

Maybe my reasoning was weird, but that's how it came across...

> (I'm from Ukraine, we speak Russian well. Dmitry is from
> Russia. Hope you will believe me.)

I have no reason not to. :)
But I also have a hard time integrating that fact into the rest
of the discussion, since I obviously don't know Russian.