std.typelist

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Jun 22 11:06:10 PDT 2012

As was recently pointed out on the Phobos list (
http://forum.dlang.org/post/CAEnAdhZTcuOL50TeRwCCG=E99nCA_Gh=y=TtHeUGKNuEaC072Q@mail.gmail.com
), we technically have std.typelist (which I'd never heard of before that
post), which Bartosz Milewski put together a few years ago. However, it's
undocumented and not actually included in the build at all. The question is
what to do with it.

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/blob/master/std/typelist.d

It probably needs a bit of cleanup (e.g. making sure it follows the proper
naming coventions everywhere), but honestly, I think that it looks pretty
cool, and it probably wouldn't take much work to make it properly releasable.

Do we want to have someone look it over, take it over, and submit it for
review? Or do we want to simply give it a look over and fully add it after a
few tweaks? Or do we want to just toss it altogether? What do we want to do
with it? We really shouldn't be leaving it sitting there like it is. As it
stands, it's just forgotten cruft, which is a shame, since it does look pretty
cool.

- Jonathan M Davis