New std.process and 2.060

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jun 24 05:03:10 PDT 2012

On Sunday, June 24, 2012 11:56:05 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> What's the state of the new std.process? I hear the fix for Windows is
> now in, so can we manage to include the new version in 2.060?

I think that it's quite safe to say that it will _not_ be in 2.060, because
it's going to have to go through th review process, which is typically 3+
weeks, and Walter _already_ suggested doing a beta a couple of weeks ago
(though it didn't happen). Depending on the review queue, it may very well
make it into 2.061, but we're fast approaching the point when we really should
get 2.060 out the door, if we haven't reached it already. Depending on the
timing of the release and how long it takes to get a pull request for
std.uuid, _it_ may not make it into 2.060, and it's almost done going through
the review process. std.process stands no chance of it.

- Jonathan M Davis