dlang.org live examples

nazriel damian at dzfl.pl
Mon Jun 25 07:43:34 PDT 2012

Hi!

I am polishing up this stuff:
http://dlang.dzfl.pl/

It would allow to run examples from http://dlang.org directly in
web-browser.
Something like http://dpaste.dzfl.pl, but integrated with dlang
website itself.

I would like to ask you about your opinions and advises.

There are couple things I can't make my mind on.

First, should standard input and command line arguments be
constant defined in hidden html fields, or should we allow user
to pick their own?
It would allow for more freedom and experience but on other-hand
it would bloat too much website. Whats your opinion?

Another thing are examples itself. As you may noticed I modified
some of em too give some experience in browser, for example, I've
added writeln blocks in Power section.
What should we do with 'em? Examples to run properly requires
main functions, and loads of examples doesn't have them. Should
we adjust those examples or leave them alone? Another thing are
examples that doesn't return or display anything.
Like assert(foo !is null); examples. Should we make them throw,
add some writelns or leave them alone?

I would love to hear your opinion on those.

Best regards,
Damian 'nazriel' Ziemba