Narrow Windows Borders with SDL and D

Bernard Helyer b.helyer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 11:08:08 PDT 2012

Perhaps someone more Windows savvy than I can figure this mystery
out. When creating windows through SDL via D, the windows created
-- when viewed with Windows Classic, Aero Basic, or Luna (on XP)
-- have minimal border padding, like so:

http://i.imgur.com/48atZ.png (basic)
http://i.imgur.com/47R38.png (classic)

and looking hale and healthy

http://i.imgur.com/xNchn.png (aero)

Now. I seem to dimly recall that this has something to do with
the window style -- but AFAIK that shouldn't change because SDL's
code doesn't change in this instance. So could OPTLINK have some
influence on such things? Aside from that it works fine, so it's
just an aesthetic matter -- and not a huge one as it looks fine
with full Aero.