range.size() should be long, right?

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 25 11:28:09 PDT 2012

On Monday, 25 June 2012 at 18:22:00 UTC, Artur Skawina wrote:
> What makes you think 'length' should evaluate to a size_t? If
> it it's documented like that somewhere then that should be
> fixed.

That is a VERY good question...

I guess it doesn't /have/ to... didn't quite realize this.

But the fact that it currently does for pretty much everything
(even including std.bitmanip.BitArray.length) was what made me
think this.

I guess that should be fixed then..

> It should be unsigned though, so if you need a type wider than
> 32-bit
> size_t, use ulong etc.
>
> artur

I mentioned signed in case we want to allow negatives just in
case we want special values (e.g. "unknown length", etc.)