dlang.org live examples

nazriel damian at dzfl.pl
Mon Jun 25 13:25:22 PDT 2012

On Monday, 25 June 2012 at 19:27:13 UTC, mta`chrono wrote:
> Hey,
>
> that's quite cool what you did! how did you do that? do you use
> fastcgi
> or cgi? how do you execute your code? inside some chroot
> environment or
> some other kind of virtual maschine.
>
> mta`chrono

When you click Run button on dlang.dzfl.pl, ajax makes POST
request to local process.php (can be any scripting language,
probably making it js-only could work with some iframes-hacking).
Then it requests http://dpaste.dzfl.pl API via POST and it
returns JSON with response.

http://dpaste.dzfl.pl service resides on unaffected server, while
compiler service resides on 4 (hope to add more mirrors in near
future) machines. I've implemented small load balancer in D.

Whole infrastructure is written in D and uses different
approaches, containers on linux mirrors and jails on freebsd
mirrors.

Each request has limited resources, execution time, IO access etc.

Website itself (http://dpaste.dzfl.pl) is written in PHP, but I
am thinking about switching to D in near future (not sure what
framework pick up yet, vibe.d, serenity or own implementation).

If you want to know more details, let me know