GWAN webserver allowing dynamic pages in D

Anonymous anonymous at example.com
Tue Jun 26 13:24:18 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 26 June 2012 at 16:58:25 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
> On Monday, 25 June 2012 at 10:17:27 UTC, P. Lefevre wrote:
>> For those interested in web development, GWAN is a VERY fast
>> web server (Linux only) which allow development of dynamic
>> pages in C, C++, Objective-C, Objective-C++, and D (since
>> january this year) !
>>
>> see http://gwan.ch/
>>
>> NB: the perf benchmark on this site seems incredible, but try
>> yourself ...
>> I did it and I'm convinced.
>
> I have no intention even to try something that is not
> open-source nowadays. It looks nice though, but I will never
> trust something that is not open-sourced...

I am posting anonymously to protect my identity.

You are right to be suspicious of G-Wan. Regardless of the merits
of the software itself, its author is known for his aggressive
propaganda of G-Wan, including attempts to cover up serious past
security vulnerabilities.

Have a look here to get an understanding of how far this goes:

http://www.wikivs.com/index.php?title=G-WAN_vs_Nginx&action=history

More info:

http://weblambdazero.blogspot.com/2011/09/human-factor.html