std.uuid vote results - accepted!

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 14:16:27 PDT 2012

On 27-Jun-12 01:00, Jens Mueller wrote:
> Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> The voting is over, and, not surprising, std.uuid is accepted for
>> inclusion into Phobos with 10 "yes" vs 0 "no" votes total.
>>
>> Congratulations, Johannes! Time to roll up pull request ;)
>>
>> Votes counted as YES:
>> 	1. Alex Rønne Petersen
>> 	2. John Chapman
>> 	3. Jesse Phillips
>> 	4. Jonathan M Davis
>> 	5. Jonas Drewsen
>> 	6. Mike Wey
>> 	7. Me
>> 	8. Masahiro Nakagawa
>> 	9. David Nadlinger (on condition of fixing @trusted)
>> 	10. Bernard Helyer
>>
>> P.S. I'm glad we did it. Any new candidates?
>> Let's keep reviews going, as I recall there were some crowding in
>> review queue already.
>
> I think the most up to date list is here
> http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ReviewQueue
> Andrei is preparing std.benchmark for review. I do not know about other
> candidates.

Great, I'd love to see it in Phobos.

However I believe it's important to have alternatives. Review requires
certain amount of spare time from BOTH reviewers and the author. It not
at all unexpected for author to suddenly not have enough of spare time
for current review cycle.

> BTW there is also
> https://trello.com/board/phobos-review-queue/4f33d3c6542c156960533efb
>
> It should be decided what is the official source regarding reviews. It
> seemed as if it would be moved over to Trello in the hope for a better
> organization. If there is a consensus I will move all information from
> the Wiki to Trello.

The trello has the disadvantage of being even less
public/popular/obvious then D wiki. D wiki has the only disadvantage of
it having a big pile of junk coming from the old D1 days.

I don't think Trello is a net improvement at all but I may be missing
something.

--
Dmitry Olshansky