Productions users

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Jun 28 00:41:57 PDT 2012

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 09:29:14 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> On 27-06-2012 23:31, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> >>
> >> What do you mean by production?
> >> Open source project? Freeware applications?
> >> Does commercial projects counts?
> >
> > I would have expected "in production" to _only_ mean commercial projects.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> I think it would be a mistake to only highlight commercial users. As
> Tobias pointed out, there are many non-profit organizations running on
> open source software that are well-known.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that we only highlight commercial projects. I was just
saying that I expected the term "in production" to refer to commercial
projects spefically. Whether we want to highlight major open source projects
and/or other non-commercial projects is another matter entirely - though I
suspect that commercial projects would generally carry more weight than other
types of projects in terms of convincing people that D is being used seriously
in the real world.

- Jonathan M Davis