Raw binary(to work without OS) in D

Jens Mueller jens.k.mueller at gmx.de
Thu Jun 28 08:00:59 PDT 2012

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 6/28/12 10:07 AM, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
> >On Thursday, 28 June 2012 at 14:04:37 UTC, Mehrdad wrote:
> >>I think just exposing them via .sig and .exp might be the way to go?
> >
> >sig is easy to confuse with sign
>
> .mantissa and .exp

Letting the compiler define these properties is a solution. I thought
Don is looking for something more general. But maybe this isn't needed
here. Don't know. But using mantissa should be discouraged.
I suggest calling them
.significand and .exponent

significand is preferred over mantissa by IEEE FP committee. I think
it's fine to spell them out. There won't be much code using them anyway.

Jens