Productions users

Graham Fawcett fawcett at uwindsor.ca
Thu Jun 28 09:15:34 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 28 June 2012 at 16:02:43 UTC, Jakob Bornecrantz
wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 June 2012 at 07:38:19 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
>> In production it's just a way to say "completed, not still in
>> pre-alpha/alpha/beta/testing phase". Usable. Working. Public :)
>>
>> No difference between commercial, open source, free, etc ...
>
> Software is never completed only abandoned.
>
> Also a lot of software is being used by the general public but
> still have the Alpha/Beta tag. But I think "Usable. Working.
> Public" is a good definition.
>
> Cheers, Jakob.

Let me suggest a three-part rephrase of the original question
(because I'm personally interested in how people are using D
lately, and less interested in the meta discussion!):

- What have you written in D lately that you're proud of?

- Who benefits from your program, and how?

- If your program is open-source, where do you publish the code?

If we post answers, perhaps someone would be gracious enough to
collect them on the wiki.

Graham