New hash API: namespace

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com
Fri Jun 29 02:15:53 PDT 2012

On 25/06/12 20:04, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> On Monday, 25 June 2012 at 16:09:43 UTC, Felix Hufnagel wrote:
>> +1 for
>> hashes into std.hash
>> and cryptographic primitives into std.crypto
>>
>> and we should have a std.net (std.uri, std.socket, std.socketstream ,
>> std.net.curl, ...),
>> std.io. for (Outbuffer, file, ....)
>> and probably std.database or something like that for (csv, json, xml,
>> ...)
>
> I'd be for not being so flat.

I reckon, follow biology.
There's kingdom.phyllus.class.order.family.genus.species
But in practice, that's far too clumsy. Instead, everyone just uses
genus.species. And this works even though there are more than a million
species.

So I reckon two levels of modules is enough. More than that is clumsy.
And, if you're not sure where something should be, because there are two
or more equally valid alternatives, it should probably be a level closer
to the root of the tree.