CORBA in D

Geoffrey Biggs geoffrey.biggs at aist.go.jp
Thu Mar 1 16:43:17 PST 2012

Morning all,

In a project just starting, we want to use D (for its safety, amongst
other things). However, we also need to connect to distributed objects
that have CORBA interfaces. I did a search, and the most recent mention
of CORBA and D that I could find is a post to this list nearly 5 years ago:

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Using_CORBA_with_D_55285.html

The linked project is still just as empty now as it was then.

Does anyone know of any existing approaches to using CORBA from D that
have perhaps appeared since then? If there isn't a direct
implementation, what are the chances of using a C++ library such as
omniORB from D?

Thanks,
Geoff