dereferencing null

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Fri Mar 2 05:30:03 PST 2012

Am 02.03.2012, 14:01 Uhr, schrieb deadalnix <deadalnix at gmail.com>:

> Le 02/03/2012 11:56, Jacob Carlborg a écrit :
>>>
>>> You only get an error if there is a memory access involved (vtable,
>>> member data etc.)
>>>

>> I never thought about that.
>>

> This is a common C++ interview question.

Don't scare him! I only had interviews in small companies with self-educated programmers. One question was, what Delphi cannot do. I said, writing a kernel and cross-platform development wouldn't work, but the answer the employer was looking for was COBRA. (And I think even at that time there was already a solution for that.)
The difficulty really depends on how sophisticated a company's personnel department is. :-)