dmd2059 ?!

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Fri Mar 2 09:34:53 PST 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Stephan <spam at extrawurst.org> wrote:

> is it just me or is it irritating that http://dlang.org/changelog.**html<http://dlang.org/changelog.html>has a unreleased empty dmd2059 release on top ?!

I'm not that bothered by it but I think it'd be better if that weren't the
case.  The issue could be solved by using release and devleop branches in
git rather than putting everything on master and deploying from master.

I'm in love with Vincent Driessen's approach:

In this model they'd still deploy from a master copy but new changes would
enter through a "develop" branch (often through feature branches/pull
requests) and only be merged into master during a release.  Hotfixes could
be applied to the running website to fix up errors in the current release
using the hotfix branch method.

Master serves as a stable snapshot of the release and develop is the under
construction branch.

Regards,
Brad Anderson