D Wiki - Why is it in such shambles?

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 17:55:01 PST 2012

On Friday, 2 March 2012 at 14:49:54 UTC, Robert Rouse wrote:
> I'm relatively new to D, so I'm looking at everything I can.
> The D wiki linked from the D site has so much outdated
> information and entries that are more talk pages than actual
> entries (e.g.
> http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ComingFrom/Ruby )
>
> If that wiki is not the best place to go for information
> (besides the newsgroup), what is?

If you do not find the page helpful, please delete it/remove the
reference to it. The wiki works best when someone is willing to
make it better, and removing useless information is part of that.

There are however a few good pages in there, but the comingFrom
section hasn't been getting any attention.

If you know Ruby and continue to learn D, it would be great if
the page were updated.

As mentioned Dlang.org is the official documentation, and is on
github for pull requests, bugs are reported to

http://d.puremagic.com/issues/

PS

I would actually like to have you continue to use the wiki and
see what else you find, you can send complaints directly to me
and I'll try to make use of that information to make it better.
(I can organize my email, and can't organize the newsgroup)