Review of Jose Armando Garcia Sancio's std.log

Sönke Ludwig ludwig at informatik.uni-luebeck.de
Sat Mar 3 03:51:11 PST 2012

Am 17.02.2012 21:48, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
> On 2/17/12 12:06 PM, Jose Armando Garcia wrote:
>> info("%s message", Severity.info);
>
> I think defaulting to formatted stuff may be confusing.
>
> Andrei

Do you often log static messages? In my experience the majority of
logging calls contains dynamic information and using a format string is
the most convenient and readable form (compared to concatenating using
multiple arguments).

An additional infof(), warnf() etc. would be an acceptable alternative,
although not very pretty. But if you'd always have to write
info.format() or something similar, then this would be a real turn-off,
at least for me.