Where did the specification ebook go?

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 21:25:23 PST 2012

There is a link to a file `dlangspec.mobi` on this page:

     http://dlang.org/spec.html

The ebook link is dead. I tried building an ebook myself using
the makefile, but to no avail; kindlegen encountered dozens of
problems with the generated dlangspec.html.

Anyway, spec.html is not even reachable through any links on the
site as far as I can tell. Shouldn't "Language Reference" in the
sidebar link to that page? It currently sends you to lex.html.
"Library Reference" links to an (incomplete!) overview of Phobos;
it's probably a good idea to have the two links behave the same,
even if that means "Library Reference" linking to, say,
/phobos/object.html.

I see that there is also an ebook sold on Amazon linked from that
page; not sure what I think about monetizing an open source site
like that, even if the copyrights of contributors are technically
yielded to Walter. I'm thinking there might be some good reason
here, though.

By the way, why does the makefile look for \kindlegen\kindlegen
by default? For one, those are Windows specific path separators,
and shouldn't it look for just "kindlegen" in the PATH
environment variable?