dereferencing null

Sandeep Datta datta.sandeep at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 23:14:59 PST 2012

> 1. SEH isn't portable. There's no way to make it work under
> non-Windows systems.

Ok after some digging around it appears (prima facie) that Linux
doesn't have anything close to SEH. I am aware of POSIX signals
but I am not sure if they work for individual threads in a
process. Last I checked the whole process has to be hosed when
you receive a segfault and there isn't much you can do about it.
I am a Linux newbie but I am almost seriously considering
implementing SEH for linux (in the kernel). Any Linux Gurus here
who think this is a good idea?