A better way to manage discussions?

Mars - at -.-
Sun Mar 4 02:07:43 PST 2012

On Sunday, 4 March 2012 at 09:45:44 UTC, James Miller wrote:
> On 4 March 2012 22:20, so <so at so.so> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>

>> On Sunday, 4 March 2012 at 08:21:13 UTC, Sandeep Datta wrote:
>>
>>> Also the upvote and downvote buttons can come in handy
>>> sometimes too (for
>>> example if you did not like this post you could downvote it
>>> to oblivion).
>>

>> All sounds fine except this, i hate this kind of stuff. They
>> open doors for
>> all kind of abuses, popularity contests, factions in community
>> and similar
>> distasteful things.
>>

> Email Filters! If you are not using an email client that allows
> you to
> filter mailing list emails out of your inbox and into folders,
> you
> need to be using a better email client...
>
> --
> James Miller

Or maybe we just need a real forum... I was actually thinking
about posting something similar several times already, especially
before this new official front end. For people who never used
newsgroups etc, it feels extremely awkward at first. And if
you're used to normal, modern board softwares, this is like a
small down grade. You get used to it of course, but I'm sure this
drove people away in the past.
Although it's much better now.

Mars