D Changelog is messed up.

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 13:09:38 PST 2012

On 04/03/2012 15:07, Chad J wrote:
> The D changelog shows that version 2.059 was released on the 16 of Feb. I doubt it. There
> is a broken download link for v2.059. There are no bugfixes/enhancements/etc.
>
> IIRC the top version is a placeholder for features/enhancements that will be in the next
> release. If that's the case, it should SAY so, and there should be no download link for
> the presently non-existent release.

And moreover, there shouldn't be a release date unless release has actually been scheduled
for that date.

Why the placeholder anyway?  If no changes for the version have yet been written, the
section shouldn't be there.  If the point is to be a preview of what we will see in the
next release, it should be formatted as such, with a heading such as "Coming in Version
2.059" and each subheading left until there's actually something in it.

I can't see that the point is to make it quicker to add entries and to update the page to
reflect the fact of release when it happens.  It only takes a second or two to delete <!--
--> once there is something to put in the section.

Stewart.