dereferencing null

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Mar 5 11:23:34 PST 2012

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 11:06:40AM -0800, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/5/2012 8:07 AM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >A "file not found" exception should tell you what the offending filename is.
>
> std.file.read("adsfasdf") gives:
>
> std.file.FileException at std\file.d(305): adsfasdf: The system cannot
> find the file specified.

That's good to know. I just picked "file not found" as my favorite
whipping boy. :-) Now we just need this consistently across all the
standard exceptions. The including the wrong parameter part, not the
whipping part.

Today's society is one of specialization: as you grow, you learn more
and more about less and less. Eventually, you know everything about
nothing.