dereferencing null

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Mar 5 11:29:14 PST 2012

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 06:12:43PM +0100, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
[...]
> Also, I find your message signatures amusing. :P

I have a file of amusing quotes that I collected over the years from
various sources (including some not-so-funny ones I made up myself), and
a 1-line perl script hooked to my Mutt compose function that randomly
selects a quote and puts it on my signature line.  Once in a while it
can coincidentally pick a quote relevant to the actual discussion in the
message body, which makes it even funnier.

Laissez-faire is a French term commonly interpreted by Conservatives to
mean 'lazy fairy,' which is the belief that if governments are lazy
enough, the Good Fairy will come down from heaven and do all their work
for them.