dereferencing null

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Mar 5 11:56:07 PST 2012

"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ewuffoakafwmuybbzztb at forum.dlang.org...
> On Monday, 5 March 2012 at 03:24:32 UTC, Chad J wrote:
>> It's that I simply cannot expect users to run my code in a debugger.
>
> :) I'm lucky if I can get more from my users than
> "the site doesn't work"!

I *hate* those reports!!

But they get worse than that: Fairly soon after retaliating to a "Durr...It
don't work!" email with a nice formal (and painfully friendly) explanation
of how and why to give me useful reports (which he even acknowledged as
being a good point), I got from the same damn person (ie *the top guy in
charge of the project in question!*): "So-and-so person told me that one of
*their* people told them that the site didn't work when they tried it last
week." WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!?!?! Shit like that I'm inclined to just blame
on user error. I mean, crap, with a report like that, how am I supposed to
know they spelled the URL right or even had a fucking internet connection at
all? Or even a damn computer.

I swear, as soon as a computer enters the picture, most people turn shit
stupid (well, more stupid than usual): I can't imagine that *even these
people* would go up to an auto mechanic as say "Driving to Detroit didn't
work!" But that's exactly the crap I have to put up with. And then *I* have
to (politely!) explain to these shitheads how to not be a moron...only to
have them come back and pull the same shit two weeks later? Fuck, and people
wonder why I hate humans.