Ideas from Clang

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com
Tue Mar 6 01:35:44 PST 2012

On 05/03/12 20:33, bearophile wrote:
> Don:
>
>> Half of those are things you've already created bugzilla entries for.
>
> And when possible I'll think if few other ones are worth adding to
> bugzilla.
>
> Adding issues to Bugzilla sometimes is not enough, especially when they
> are enhancement requests or changes of the D language, because they
> often get ignored for years (and then sometimes they get closed because
> "it's too much late", even if maybe it wasn't too much later at the time
> they were added in Bugzilla). So they need to be discussed, appreciated
> or refused, and advertized here.

You're dramatically underestimating your influence, I think.
286 bugs you've reported have been resolved. That's far more than
anybody else. For comparison, 139 bugs reported by Andrei have been
resolved.

If something hasn't been addressed, it's because of other bugs you've
reported! I'm not kidding - nearly 1/3 of all currently open bugs were
reported by you.