The state of contract programming in D

Alex Rønne Petersen xtzgzorex at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 07:19:09 PST 2012

On 05-03-2012 11:46, Stewart Gordon wrote:
> On 05/03/2012 04:26, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> <snip>
>> Additionally, I think that dropping the need for parentheses on
>> invariant declarations
>> would be a good idea, such that it feels more like unittest declarations.
> <snip>
>
> It can't be done at the moment, because invariant is also the old name
> for immutable. Indeed, the brackets were introduced to distinguish
> between the two meanings, though it would have been better to introduce
> a new keyword in the first place rather than create a new meaning of
> invariant that required a change to existing syntax.
>
> Stewart.

Shouldn't invariant as a type modifier be deprecated once and for all? I
mean, immutable has existed for a long time now...

Also, just so we're on the same page here, you mean the parentheses,
right? If so, I'm not sure I quite understand where the problem arises.
Could you elaborate?

Thanks!

--
- Alex