Review of Jose Armando Garcia Sancio's std.log

Jose Armando Garcia jsancio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 11:59:06 PST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:50 AM, David Nadlinger <see at klickverbot.at> wrote:
> There are several modules in the review queue right now, and to get things
> going, I have volunteered to manage the review of Jose's std.log proposal.
> Barring any objections, the review period starts now and ends in three
> weeks, on March 6th, followed by a week of voting.

Hi everyone,

I have been tracking all the changes we need to make immediately and
things we can add in the future without break backward compatibility
if have access to trello go here:
https://trello.com/card/std-log/4f33d3c6542c156960533efb/1#

Exporting things form trello looks like a pain but here it is:

Future:

1. Allowing filtering of regular log messages (like info, warning,
etc) based on the module. Similar to how vlog works.
2. Add support for custom line formatters
3. Talk about adding config.setSeverity(...) which is a union of all
the severity specified. The logical OR operator is not going to work
because internally the values are 0,1, etc. and we use them to index
into an array. One solution is to pass an array to
config.setSeverity(...)

Fix now:

1. Add thread name attribute to the default logger
2. Check that the example compile
3. Come up with a better name for Rich and rich template
4. Add @safe pure nothrow const to as many methods as possible
5. Remove check when setting Configuration.logger

Note: There were a few other things that were suggested here that I
have already fixed. Need to look at my commits for this.

Thanks,
-Jose