Review of Jose Armando Garcia Sancio's std.log

Jose Armando Garcia jsancio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 15:52:56 PST 2012

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Andrej Mitrovic
<andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/7/12, Jose Armando Garcia <jsancio at gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://jsancio.github.com/phobos/phobos/std_log.html#fileNamePrefixes
>
> That was what I was looking for but I didn't find it at first. I think
> that info about what the defaults are
> ([program].[hostname].[user].[severity].log.[datetime].[pid]) might be
> useful somewhere at the top. But that's just my 2 cents..

Yeah. I am not terribly happy how ddoc and dlang.org organizes the
documentation. I have been thinking of duplicating a lot of the
documentation to the top but I have two main objections that are
holding back. 1. document duplication and 2. overloading the user with
information. I would like the top of the document with enough
information and example for the regular user to just start logging.
They can later come back and read the whole thing when they want to
configure and tweak things. Thoughts?

Thanks,
-Jose