Arbitrary abbreviations in phobos considered ridiculous

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Tue Mar 6 19:37:38 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 7 March 2012 at 03:24:23 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 07, 2012 03:49:46 Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> Though, I still say the underlying silliness remains
>> ridiculous. currentTime >> currTime.
>
> I don't understand this complaint at all. curr is an incredibly
> common
> abbreviation for current.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I agree.  curr isn't exactly uncommon.  I'd personally probably
go with currentTime but it's perfectly readable as currTime.

Since it's already in Clock I'd even consider just using 'time'
or 'now' but I don't feel strongly about it.

Regards,
Brad Anderson